Tuesday 4 October 2011

Axel Pfaender

I absolutely love this guy, designing purely towards technological and gaming audiences using block vector illustration in such a variety of ways from the simple imagery to increasingly complicated compositional illustration that is often found on his limited edition prints.








This sort of style in terms of colour and image composition is the visual approach I would can most relate to and would like to be a part of. Using this sort of imagery and applying it to my practice may help to define what sort of style I have and how to capitalise on it.






This publication on MMPORGS is great as well, showing the uniformity of the characters on the basis that each of them has some sense of individuality. Above all I think the illustrations compliment the layout extremely well, the print finish appears to be of pro standard which is something to consider when Im approaching layout in publication



No comments:

Post a Comment